Benefits of Resistance Band Training
Resistance Band workouts provide a great and unique way to do strength training exercises as the force is created by the resistance. Resistance band training helps to strengthen and tone muscles, due to the bands simplicity any number of full body exercises can be performed in the comfort of your home or whilst on your travels. The Resistance Band is portable and can be used as your very own all in one gym system. The bands also come in various sizes (thickness) in order to increase tension, so that you achieve the desired results.
As we age our muscle fibres decline and we can lose about twenty five percent or more muscle fibres especially from the age of 30 to 70. However this negative effect can be reduced or may reverse the signs of aging by simply implementing the use of resistance bands as part of our daily exercise routines as this will increase strength, muscle mass and even prevent osteoporosis.
Other benefits of resistance band training include:
1. Portable gym system
Exercises can be done at home or when your away
2. Affordable Price
Cheaper and more economical unlike gym memberships and bulky equipment
You can do any number of exercises and get a full body workout.
4. Effective workout
No joint pain or injury unlike with free weights
5. Lose weight
Use the bands as part of your daily exercise as it will help you tone up quicker.
For an effective workout you should train 3 days a week and work on the main muscle groups such as the arms, shoulders, chest, back, abdominals and legs. Start with a set of 8-10 exercises and 8-12 repetitions.
Exercising with resistance bands will not only tone and workout your entire body but it will also improve your general health and fitness. As the resistance bands are portable, light and compact there is no excuse, so get started now and see your body transform into a new you.
Whether you incorporate the resistance band training with your normal workouts or even change the way you exercise altogether there are numerous exercises that can be done. Not only can you target specific muscle groups you also have a choice of different resistance levels to help strengthen muscles.
Don’t resist resistance band exercises!
The resistance band is an amazing product that has a very unique physical property which is known as variable elastic potential. Basically the way it works is that the more you stretch the band the more resistance that is applied, and the faster it will snap back. You will find that the resistance bands because of the elastic approach it will build up the speed in your body in comparison to weights.
Resistance band exercises are a great alternative to any type of fitness exercise that creates impact on the body, since it virtually has no impact. An instance where it may be useful for example is with multiple sclerosis patients who can barely walk will be able to utilize the resistance bands to keep the blood flowing through their legs by doing a few stretches with the band wrapped around one of their feet. The resistance band provides a great alternative for all individuals in society.
Advantages Of Resistance Bands -
• Excellent for muscle build up and toning of the muscles.
• Increases one’s flexibility and range of motion.
• Eases the discomfort for sufferers of any movement disabilities due to its low impact activities.
• Great for rehabilitation patients who need to recover from an injury.
• Resistance bands can be used by all types of people, varying in heights, weight and age.
• Use can be instant as there is no setup time, so therefore faster results will occur.
• Very inexpensive so affordable by all.
• Very portable ensuring your workouts can be undertaken in all types of environments.
• Resistance bands can be purchased in varying resistances, so as you improve you can opt for a more difficult band.
• Core muscles are engaged during your workout unlike other traditional strength training exercises.
• Can target the hard to hit muscles unlike most weight routines. In particular the fast twitch fibre muscles in your body are targeted.
• Can shorten the length of the resistance band and this can make the exercise harder to do.
• Can implement sport focused activities such as trying to improve your golf swing or pitching a baseball. Really builds the muscles in the areas that you should be focusing on for these sports.
Obviously a resistance band workout is not going to get all the results that you need. Because it’s more a toning exercise you need to combine the workout with mild aerobic exercises as well as a healthy diet. By doing this you will notice results much faster, and obviously achieve better results.
Just like with all pieces of fitness equipment you need to warm up your muscles and joints before applying any type of resistance. A warm up can be for example performing the exercise without the exercise band. There are so many different resistance band exercises that this article would not be able to cover them in such a short time. If you search the term “resistance band exercises” on Google you will have an unlimited source of workout images and routines at your fingertips. Don’t hesitate any longer, pick up a resistance band today and start achieving results in the different parts of your body today!
Resistance bands will change the way you look and feel above all they are much cheaper the conventional home gyms and even cost less then one months